If you're like me, you feel like you never have enough time to tackle all the things you want to get done. So, Leap Day is like a big bonus for us who want a better work life balance – it's an additional 24 hours or 1,440 minutes that we don't have every year.
Wow! A whole extra day to get things done sounds awesome, right?
Here are suggestions for what you can do with your bonus day:
- Take time to make a list of the events you want to get to during the rest of the year. It can include play and work activities such as races, art festivals, conferences, webinars.
- Book a spa day. Some spas are giving discounts if you book a treatment today.
- Have dinner somewhere exotic. It doesn't have to be expensive. Pack a picnic or bring pizza and wine to the beach to celebrate leap day.
- Get moving. This doesn't mean you have to run a marathon. Just take a walk, or if you already walk, take a longer walk. You can spend the extra time because, well…why not? It's time you would not have had if it wasn't February 29th.
- Spend time with someone you've been meaning to get together with for a while, even if it's only by phone.
- Use the day for strategy. Sometimes we get so caught in the day to day, we don't have time for big picture thinking. Today's your day to do that….think big!
Whatever you do today, make it special. You won't get a leap day again for four more years. Wishing you a great day!